Thursday, October 18, 2007

Opinion Shminion

Sometimes I find the discussion of doctrines both mentally stimulating and mind numbing at the same time. There are times when hearing someones opinion of a subject, it is apparent that they have made up their mind on the matter and then mold all information to fit that opinion. I guess this goes well beyond Biblical doctrines and on into every other area of life. Then that makes me wonder how often do I do this very thing? How often am I blinded by my preconceived notions and not so humble opinions? I'm not a person who embraces relativism I believe in truth, in The Truth. I believe that to every question there is an answer, a right answer. I search for answers, even if on occasion my answer might not be a crisp black and white. I don't believe that answers always have to be either/or, it may at times be both/and. I'm OK with that, what I'm not OK with is being blinded to truth by my own prejudice and opinion.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Ouch. I totally agree. Sometimes, no wait...often, "my head hurts" about these questions too. What to do! What to do!